AIA Westchester - Getting Started with the ARE
Join us to hear from Michael Riscica, AIA, "My aim is to teach and help other Young Architects be more successful in their personal, academic and professional careers. I do that by sharing in full disclosure what I did to become a Licensed Architect with the many successes and failures along the way."
The goal of the Getting Started with the ARE lecture is to help Emerging Professionals have a clearer understanding of the Architect Registration Exam and get closer to taking the first steps toward getting started.
The main take aways from this lecture are:
1. What is the ARE? How has the exam changed? An overview of ARE 5.0.
2. Understanding if the exam is even for you.
3. Understanding the mistakes of those who start and never finish the ARE.
4. How to apply realistic studying techniques to navigate the overwhelm of study materials and content.
5. Hacks and tricks for people who have already been studying.
Throughout this lecture Michael Riscica from YoungArchitect.com share stories about his experience studying for his exams, with some advice he has learned leading over 200 people towards success with studying for the Architect Registration Exam.
Discuss the transition and give a thorough explanation of each 5.0 exam and the big changes that took place from 4.0.
Sponsored by Brightwood
Date - October 5, 2017
Time - 6:00pm - 8:00pm (includes dinner)
Location - Leiberts Royal Green Appliance, 228 E. Post Road, White Plains, NY 10601 (parking behind the building)