Session 4: NYSECCC 2016: Working with the New Energy Code
Date: July 31, 2018
Time: 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Credits: 2 AIA HSW, PDH
(There will be a $20 fee for mailing a certificate of completion if not picked up
at end of class.)
Presenter: John Barrows - Performance Path Solutions, LLC - email@example.com
Click here for full list of courses.
The 2016 New York State Energy Conservation Construction Code (NYSECCC)is based on the International Energy Conservation Code (IECC 2015) and represents a sizeable step to more energy efficient structures. It will result in more comfortable, healthy, and efficient structures but at what cost? This seminar will explore the changes from the 2010 code and the NYSECCC2016. It will examine cost efficient construction practices to ensure compliance and explain the building science behind the practices. Understanding the new code and its options can present opportunities to build better structures and increase consumer satisfaction.
1. Understand the changes in the Prescriptive path of NYSECCC 2016.
2. Understand the building science behind the practices.
3. Examine practical and cost effective construction practices to compliance.
4. Review the Performance path of NYSECCC 2016 and its advantages.
5. Understand the new Energy Rating Index (ERI) path and its advantages.