Session 6: PART 1 Performance Glazing & Building Envelope Optimization
PART 2 How 3D Scanning and other Technology is Changing and Improving the
Workflow in Design and Construction
Date: August 14, 2018
Time: 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Credits: Part 1 -1 AIA HSW, PDH, 1 GBCI
Part 2 - 1 AIA PDH
Presenter: Part 1 - Steve Ihlenburg, Super Enterprises - email@example.com
Part 2 - David Cramer, NAPCO - firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for full list of courses.
The program describes how Low-E coatings work, both from scientific and applications perspectives. The manufacturing process of applying coatings to glass is shown, and benefits of Low-E coatings for energy efficiency are presented.
1. Explain NFRC (National Fenestration Rating Council) units and labelling.
2. Understand the science of the Light Spectrum.
3. Discuss Coating Performance.
4. Describe Application Technology.
5. Apply Knowledge for Optimization Engineering.
Going back to the drawing board, innovations have disrupted and improved the workflow in design and construction. If you have been around to make the transition from drafting to CAD than you are witnessing history repeating itself with the use of 3d scanning. Today scanning technology is being leveraged to further disrupt and improve the workflow of the design and construction professional.
1. Ever get handed a set of alleged “as builts” on a proposed project renovation that are less than accurate?
2. Have you ever had to visit a client site to collect existing field conditions and measure/survey the site?
3. Ever need to go back to remeasure or validate the already captured site conditions?
4. Ever seen this technology demonstrated live?
5. Have you had interest in offering a VR walkthrough but did not think you had staff or expertise to do so?