Helping you accelerate your career.
ARE LENDING LIBRARY CLICK ON THE BELOW LINK TO REQUEST BOOKS
Books in our ARE Library and free to check out for AIAWHV Associate Members
- Brightwood 5.0
- Practice Management
- Project Management
- Programming & Analysis
- Project Planning & Design
- Project Development & Documentation
- Construction & Evaluation
- Flashcards 5.0 Brightwood
- Brightwood 4.0 available upon request
- Architect's Handbook of Professional Practice (by AIA)
- How to Pass the Architecture Registration Exam (by Michael Riscica, AIA)
- Brightwood Discount Code - AIAWHV
ARE 5.0 Handbook click here
ARE 5.0 Demonstration Exam click here
AXP Guidelines click here (includes six AXP experience areas)
5 Things ARE Candidates Should Know About NCARB's ID Policy click here
Steps to starting the Architecture Registration Exam (ARE) click here
ARE Scholarship click here for application WATCH FOR 2018
ARE Monthly $100 Partial Scholarship click for application
AIA WHV Scholarship Program - College Students
$5000 in Scholarship Grants
The grant program is open to students who are enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate in the fall at an NAAB accredited school of architecture. Candidates must have their permanent address within the chapter area (New York State Counties of Westchester, Putnam, Rockland, Orange, Sullivan, part of Ulster and part of Dutchess). Applicants for the thesis year grant must have approval from their school for academic credit as their thesis to be completed within one year.
- Grant I application: Thesis Year Student(s) in the name of Aaron Resnick
- Grant II application: Non-Thesis Year Student(s) in the name of Harvey Lewis
Submissions Due by May 8, 2018 and mailed to
AIA Westchester + Hudson Valley
Chairman Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 611
Katonah, New York 10536
Finalist will be contacted the last week of May. Award winners are to appear at the
June 4, 2018 Golf Outing Fundraiser.
Please contact Valerie A. Brown, Executive Director with questions.
AIA WHV EP Scholarship Program
The AIA Westchester + Hudson Valley Young Professionals Committee is proud to provide an annual scholarship program to encourage participation in the Architect Registration Examination (ARE). This scholarship is intended to recognize Associate AIA members in the AIA Westchester + Hudson Valley Chapter who have made significant contributions at an early stage in their careers to the profession and to encourage their pursuit of licensure.
Scholarship recipients receive:
- Recognition for their achievements at the AIAWHV Archibru.
- A one-time reimbursement for the cost of passing each single division of the ARE
- The full amount of the scholarship (up to $1,470.00, scholarship for the number of division the candidate took) will be presented to the recipient at the 2018 Archibru. This scholarship is subject to all applicable local, state, and federal taxes.
2018 AIAWHV Monthly $100 Partial ARE Scholarship Application
Launching your Career in Architecture
IDP, Intern Development Program
IDP prepares you for a successful career in architecture. Start here.
Take the Exam
The Architect Registration Examination® (ARE®) assesses candidates for their knowledge, skills, and ability to provide services required when practicing architecture. More on the test here.
WHO ARE WE?