Are you thinking about a career in architecture and design?
The American Institute of Architecture Hudson Valley Chapter and Dutchess Community College are jointly sponsoring an Information Night.
Date: November 14, 2018
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Location: Dutchess Community College
Bowne Hall Room 122
53 Pendell Road
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Parking: Please park in Lot A. RSVP for a parking pass!
EMAIL RESERVATIONS (REQUIRED) AND QUESTIONS TO DAVID FREEMAN AT Freeman@sunydutchess.edu. For more information, please click here.
How do you find the best pathway for you?
• Learn about the field from a local architect who will discuss a great residential project.
• Hear from a current architecture student about what architecture school is like.
• Learn from a recent architecture school graduate about life in the field after college.
• Learn from a representative from the National Architectural Accrediting Board about
college searches, portfolios and scholarships.
• Find out about high school programs with ACE Mentorship.
Aesthetically designing and creating safe and functional buildings is only part of the job of an architect. Buildings need to be economical, environmental friendly, and fulfill the client's needs. This makes architecture a challenging, but very satisfying and exciting field of study for students with a love of design as well as an eye for detail.
College programs in Architecture are diverse. Some focus on the design aspect while other programs focus on technology and computers or construction. There also are many college pathways: Two-Year Associate degrees, Four-Year Bachelor of Science degrees, Five-Year Bachelor of Architecture degrees and Masters degrees.