AIA Westchester + Hudson Valley and AIA Bronx present this years Summer School programs - 7 consecutive Tuesdays in July and August
Session 6a: Five Senses in Architecture
Session 6b: Benefits of Daylighting and Polycarbonate Solutions
Date: August 20, 2019
Time: 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Venue: Holiday Inn, Mt. Kisco, NY 10549
Price: $20.00 AIA Member
$15.00 Assoc. AIA Member
Credits: 2 AIA HSW, PDH (There will be a $20 fee for mailing a certificate of completion if not picked
up at end of class.)
Presenter: Esther A. Gale, Interior Designer, firstname.lastname@example.org,
Ron Clelland, Architectural Representative, Extech Exterior Technologies
For a full description of all summer school courses, click here.
COURSE 6A: Five Senses in Architecture
How we process our environment through our senses and why that matters.
• Learn how Architects & Designers can create supportive environments by considering and understanding the five senses inspired by Neuroscience for Architecture.
• Develop an understanding of the physiology of each of the five senses.
• Understanding how each sense influences your perception of the space around you.
• Learn how to tap into the senses as an Architect/Designer to develop your most valued assets: your imagination, creativity, and yourself.
COURSE 6B: Benefits of Daylighting and Polycarbonate Solutions
In this one-hour course, discover the benefits realized by building owners and occupants through the incorporation of daylighting products into building design. We’ll review different product technologies used for daylighting as well as discuss advantages provided with polycarbonate products. Learn ways to integrate polycarbonate daylighting products into a wide variety of building types.
• Describe the physical and mental benefits to human health provided by utilizing natural daylighting for indoor environments.
• Describe performance benefits seen in classroom, office and retail environments provided by utilizing daylighting for indoor environments.
• Explain why translucent polycarbonate systems are ideal for successful daylighting designs as compared to other product options.
• Explain various ways polycarbonate daylighting products can be used to benefit different building segments such as Industrial, Education, Recreation, and Healthcare.
• Understand what polycarbonate glazing is and what are the features and benefits.
• Sustainability and LEED benefits.